2020 UM Homecoming Parade
Please note that all Homecoming Parade applications are now processed online.
Questions: Alumni Association – 406-243-5211
Parade Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Lineup Time: 9 a.m (Parade starts promptly @ 10 A.M.)
Parade theme: TBA
- $40 early-bird deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, Aug 7
- $50 regular deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4
All entries registered after Sept. 4 will be charged a $25 late fee
Final Deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18*
University of Montana
950 Arthur Ave - Gilkey Center
Missoula, MT 59812
* Due to safety concerns, we cannot accept parade applications after this date.
Refunds for cancellations will not be allowed after Friday, Sept. 18. Entry fee must accompany the application – cash, check and credit cards accepted. Receipt of application and payment will be acknowledged by email. Applications will not be finalized until/unless payment is received and acknowledged by UMAA.
Begins at the intersection of Higgins Avenue and Broadway, proceeds across the Higgins Avenue Bridge south to University Avenue.
- First half of entries will turn east on University Avenue and continue on University to Helen Avenue.
- Second half will turn west at Plymouth Street, then disperse.
- The parade lineup will begin on Pine, Spruce, Alder and Railroad streets.
Your official parade lineup position number will be emailed to the “person responsible for the entry” on Wednesday, Sept. 23. The parade lineup will be posted on the Alumni Association’s website by 5 p.m., Sept. 23, on this web page.
Very important reminder: City ordinance prohibits the throwing of candy or other materials during the Parade!
Only a Parade participant on foot may hand candy or other items to Parade spectators on the sidewalk. To keep youngsters from surging into the street to retrieve candy, distributors must walk at curbside to hand out candy. Please respect our concern for children’s safety.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation.